1/48 Supermarine Spitfire Mk.IXc

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by NOBI, Apr 18, 2007.

1. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Looking great Nobi!
    I may have to get this one myself.
    Is it going to be in Japanese colorings? (please say yes):roll:

Any way you skin this one, I am sure it will be great, as always!8)

Russell
  2. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Looking great Nobi!
    I may have to get this one myself.
    Is it going to be in Japanese colorings? (please say yes):roll:

Any way you skin this one, I am sure it will be great, as always!8)

Russell
  3. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

Could it be another convert???? :grin:
    This one is going to be in desert camo, plane belonged to Polish Fighting Team (also known as Skalski's Circus) - group of elite Polish fighter pilots who voluntered to transfer to North Africa to shoot up some more German planes.
  4. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

Could it be another convert???? :grin:
    This one is going to be in desert camo, plane belonged to Polish Fighting Team (also known as Skalski's Circus) - group of elite Polish fighter pilots who voluntered to transfer to North Africa to shoot up some more German planes.
  5. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

OK............. you guys are messing with my head, with that dang center line on the Enterprise sheet I'm trying to do, it ain't hard to mess with my head these days, But................

Spitfire in Japanese colors..........ok what did I miss???!!
  6. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

OK............. you guys are messing with my head, with that dang center line on the Enterprise sheet I'm trying to do, it ain't hard to mess with my head these days, But................

Spitfire in Japanese colors..........ok what did I miss???!!
  7. k5083

k5083 Member

Spitfires are very difficult to model well in paper because, owing to the elliptical wing shape, the wing skins are compound curved. Models that simply provide the top and bottom wing skins as one piece of cardstock each, without any slits, require you to either coax the card into a compound curve or accept a wing that is twisted or distorted in some way. Some models get around the problem with spanwise slits to enable you to compound curve the wing. Nobi, I see that you have adopted a different solution to the problem. You've essentially taken the curvature out of the leading and trailing edge and are doing each wing as three straight-tapered, simple-curved tubes joined together. It's very interesting and I look forward to seeing how it works.

August
  8. k5083

k5083 Member

Spitfires are very difficult to model well in paper because, owing to the elliptical wing shape, the wing skins are compound curved. Models that simply provide the top and bottom wing skins as one piece of cardstock each, without any slits, require you to either coax the card into a compound curve or accept a wing that is twisted or distorted in some way. Some models get around the problem with spanwise slits to enable you to compound curve the wing. Nobi, I see that you have adopted a different solution to the problem. You've essentially taken the curvature out of the leading and trailing edge and are doing each wing as three straight-tapered, simple-curved tubes joined together. It's very interesting and I look forward to seeing how it works.

August
  9. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Mike, I have only one plane under my belt, FG's Bee Gee, but at least I have one! This one looks so nice I have to give it a shot!

John, Don't ask me what I was thinking. I don't even remember asking for a Japanese version. I was hitting the sauce pretty hard that night.

I had quit drinking for about a year and I have no tolerance for the stuff anymore.:cry:
    Another good reason not to drink, embarrassing moments like this one.:oops:

Russell
  10. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Mike, I have only one plane under my belt, FG's Bee Gee, but at least I have one! This one looks so nice I have to give it a shot!

John, Don't ask me what I was thinking. I don't even remember asking for a Japanese version. I was hitting the sauce pretty hard that night.

I had quit drinking for about a year and I have no tolerance for the stuff anymore.:cry:
    Another good reason not to drink, embarrassing moments like this one.:oops:

Russell
  11. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

OK Russell............... TUI (typing under the influence) can get you in trouble :grin:

Got an email from Nobi the other day, he and his family are on vaction, so no progress on this for at least a week.

But it will be worth it when we do get it.............. Thank You Michael for suggesting the the color scheme! I like it.

john
  12. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

OK Russell............... TUI (typing under the influence) can get you in trouble :grin:

Got an email from Nobi the other day, he and his family are on vaction, so no progress on this for at least a week.

But it will be worth it when we do get it.............. Thank You Michael for suggesting the the color scheme! I like it.

john
  13. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Well...back from long vacation. Today I finished unfold all of part. need to arrange into letter size paper and make connection strip, after that is instruction :)

[​IMG]
  14. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Nobi's back!

All right! Nobi is back on the job!:grin:
    Vacation? We don't have time for no vacations!
    There's work to be done here!

Just kidding, Nobi. I hope you had an enjoyable, relaxing trip.
    I am kind of anxious to see this baby, though!
    This one is really looking special! I can't wait to see the final product!8)

If you need anyone to cheer you on, just say so! We can do it!
    Rah, Rah, Rah! Sis Boom Bah! Go-Nobi! Go-Nobi!

Russell
  15. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

Good to see you back on the job!

There is few $$$ waiting in my PayPal account with your name on them :grin:
  16. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

OK arrange parts into letter size paper is finish also with connection strip. Will be available soon :)

[​IMG]
  17. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Can't wait...
  18. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

After testbuild without a problem, I continue to color model. page 1 is done...

[​IMG]
  19. Texman

Texman Guest

Well, darnnit. Looks like Nobi will get the release either after I have retired for the evening, or while I am at work. Thought I had ya beat on this one John!

Looks great NOBI,

Ray
  20. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

It's only been a few hours but,....is it ready yet???

Kinda anxious for this one!

Russell