1:48 SCALE weapons for aircraft

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by GEEDUBBYA, Feb 9, 2005.

1. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Hey Guys,

Its me again. I dont know about ya'll, but I prefer the 1:48th and larger scale models. 1:72 is ok and you can collect more of them, but for detail, 1:48 + is the way to go.
    So, using that reasoning, and the fact that I have posted an aim 120 amraam last week, I thought I would share this site with 4 more missiles.
    These are 1:48 scale and the "harm" has the "launch rails" that you can build and attach to your 1:48 scale modern fighter planes such as the A-6, THUNDERBOLT II, and several other jets.
    So here they are Guys, they arent much as far as kits go, but as an accessory to a kit they look to be great.

http://kancho.muncho.org/w_3.html FREE AGM SHRIKE MISSILE, AGM-65 MAVERICK, AGM-78 STARM, AGM-88 HARM MISSILES. PDF FILES
    http://kancho.muncho.org/w_index.html ON THIS LINK YOU WILL FIND CONVENTIONAL BOMS, SMART BOMBS, AIR TO AIR AND AIR TO GROUND MISSILES FOR 1:48 SCALE MODELS
    I will be back later, maybe with something else.

-GEEDUBBYA
  2. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

Thanks for that one sir!!!

Now I can arm my planes :wink:
  3. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

I figured someone could use em'

Howdy Hans,

You're quite welcome, I know that alot of the modern jets/bombers I see that have been completed look great, but they appear to be missing something.....weapons on wing pylons usually.
    I understand that designing a model can be tedious and grueling, and after designing the model, fitting all the parts on the page, using all available space, making small missiles and bombs would be the last thing a designer would wanna do. I know I would be wanting a beer when I finished the plane.
    Atleast there is someone out there who saw a need and filled it for us. Now we can arm our "paper airforces" for an added touch of realism.
    Anyway, I am glad that someone has a use for the above listed weapons, I knew they would be useful to someone.

happy modeling,

-GEEDUBBYA
  4. Hans Christian

Re: I figured someone could use em'

Your'e right about that sir. Combat planes look a little "odd" to me without weapons :wink:
  5. jasco

jasco Member

He's got some great models for sale on his site, too. Inexpensive to boot!
  6. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

You are right, he has some very nice models there, but I was looking thru his gallery and there are some photos of what happens when.....................(INSERT DRAMATIC MUSIC HERE).............................. WHEN CARD MODELERS GO WILD!

Check out this 24ft F-104 starfighter made from cardboad boxes.
    all I could say is WOW!

http://kancho.muncho.org/gal_f104.html
  7. Hans Christian

This guy is INSANE :shock:
  8. jasco

jasco Member

I can hardly wait to start my F-105 Thud! My wife's gonna kill me!
  9. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Well Jasco,

Be sure and show her the photos of the 24 ft one above, and if you need a good divorce lawyer....lol... my brother is one .
    Happy modeling.

GEEDUBBYA