1:400 JSC Yamato

Teamski

Mar 29, 2007
Delaware
Andrew Austin said:
As for the rigging, I used cotton thread (I find you actually have to use cotton, not polyester). I hang it with a weight and use super glue to make the tread solid, it is then relatively easy to cut to length and apply.

I will try that out, thanks! Excellent idea. The more you show the model, the better it looks!

-Ski

Teamski

Mar 29, 2007
Delaware
Andrew Austin said:
As for the rigging, I used cotton thread (I find you actually have to use cotton, not polyester). I hang it with a weight and use super glue to make the tread solid, it is then relatively easy to cut to length and apply.

I will try that out, thanks! Excellent idea. The more you show the model, the better it looks!

-Ski

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Copiague, Long Island, New York
What a superbly done model, Andrew! It's such a neat and clean build. I love the way your barrels came out, they are very well done! Brilliant craftsmanship! And at 1:400 scale! Amazing!!

I appreciate your posting many photos, there is a whole lot of this model to see. Thank you for sharing photos of this beautiful build with us.

What's next?

Cheers!
Jim

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Copiague, Long Island, New York
What a superbly done model, Andrew! It's such a neat and clean build. I love the way your barrels came out, they are very well done! Brilliant craftsmanship! And at 1:400 scale! Amazing!!

I appreciate your posting many photos, there is a whole lot of this model to see. Thank you for sharing photos of this beautiful build with us.

What's next?

Cheers!
Jim

Andrew Austin

Dec 5, 2006
New Zealand
www.ece.auckland.ac.nz
Hi,

Thanks for you comments - they are much appreciated.

The model is 66 cm (2' 2" long). As the formers are not reinforced, I thought there was the possibility of some warping, but this fear turned out to be unfounded, as the triangular centre held everything rigid.

I have just started another model, the HMS Prince of Wales (http://www.cardmodels.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8149).

Regards,

Andrew

Andrew Austin

Dec 5, 2006
New Zealand
www.ece.auckland.ac.nz
Hi,

Thanks for you comments - they are much appreciated.

The model is 66 cm (2' 2" long). As the formers are not reinforced, I thought there was the possibility of some warping, but this fear turned out to be unfounded, as the triangular centre held everything rigid.

I have just started another model, the HMS Prince of Wales (http://www.cardmodels.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8149).

Regards,

Andrew