1:400 JSC Yamato

Discussion in 'Ship & Watercraft Models' started by Andrew Austin, Apr 21, 2007.

1. Andrew Austin

Andrew Austin Member

Hi,

I have recently finished a model of the Yamato (JSC, 1:400) and I would like to share with the forum some of my pictures. This is my 3rd ship model and my first attempt at 1:400 scale. Although the design is excellent, the model is, in my opinion, let down by the lack of instructions. It was partially this fact that made constructing the model a long project (over a year). But I think the results are worth it.

Your comments would be appreciated,

Thanks,

Andrew
  2. Andrew Austin

Andrew Austin Member

Hi,

I have recently finished a model of the Yamato (JSC, 1:400) and I would like to share with the forum some of my pictures. This is my 3rd ship model and my first attempt at 1:400 scale. Although the design is excellent, the model is, in my opinion, let down by the lack of instructions. It was partially this fact that made constructing the model a long project (over a year). But I think the results are worth it.

Your comments would be appreciated,

Thanks,

Andrew
  3. barry

barry Active Member

Yamato

Well I'm impressed great job how about a few more pictures

regards

barry
  4. barry

barry Active Member

Yamato

Well I'm impressed great job how about a few more pictures

regards

barry
  5. romfolmar

romfolmar New Member

Great ship. well done
  6. romfolmar

romfolmar New Member

Great ship. well done
  7. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Fantastic job Andrew!
    This is my most favorite ship, I just love it!
    I think it is one of the most graceful and majestic looking ships and you have certainly done her justice!
    I just recently bought Halinski's version of this one and I can only hope to do as well as you!
    Beautiful work! How do you plan to protect her?

Russell
  8. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Fantastic job Andrew!
    This is my most favorite ship, I just love it!
    I think it is one of the most graceful and majestic looking ships and you have certainly done her justice!
    I just recently bought Halinski's version of this one and I can only hope to do as well as you!
    Beautiful work! How do you plan to protect her?

Russell
  9. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Fantastic job Andrew! How was the parts fit? This hull was their triangular piece fit thru the hull bukheads, how did that go? As Barry posted, more pics!
  10. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Fantastic job Andrew! How was the parts fit? This hull was their triangular piece fit thru the hull bukheads, how did that go? As Barry posted, more pics!
  11. Teamski

Teamski Member

WOW! Great job on the ship! Really clean job, mate! How do you do your rigging? Any pointers? That ship looks like it would take forever, hehehehe. I have the kit as well, but not the gumption to start it up just yet. Thanks for sharing your pictures. You did a pro job, that's for sure.

-Ski
  12. Teamski

Teamski Member

WOW! Great job on the ship! Really clean job, mate! How do you do your rigging? Any pointers? That ship looks like it would take forever, hehehehe. I have the kit as well, but not the gumption to start it up just yet. Thanks for sharing your pictures. You did a pro job, that's for sure.

-Ski
  13. Clashster

Clashster Member

Beautiful build, Andrew! I always seem to look longingly at this one... Seeing one built makes that itch grow stronger! Great job! And yes, more pictures!

Chris
  14. Clashster

Clashster Member

Beautiful build, Andrew! I always seem to look longingly at this one... Seeing one built makes that itch grow stronger! Great job! And yes, more pictures!

Chris
  15. Andrew Austin

Andrew Austin Member

Some more photos

Hi,

Thanks for your comments. I have posted some more photos.

I usually protect my ships by building a clear plastic case (perspex?). To save on space (and cost!) I usually put more than one model each each case.

The triangular formers for the hull had me sratching my head for a while - but now I do see the benefit, it allows a strong and stable base without the need to reinforce the formers.

As for the rigging, I used cotton thread (I find you actually have to use cotton, not polyester). I hang it with a weight and use super glue to make the tread solid, it is then relatively easy to cut to length and apply.

Regards,

Andrew
  16. Andrew Austin

Andrew Austin Member

Some more photos

Hi,

Thanks for your comments. I have posted some more photos.

I usually protect my ships by building a clear plastic case (perspex?). To save on space (and cost!) I usually put more than one model each each case.

The triangular formers for the hull had me sratching my head for a while - but now I do see the benefit, it allows a strong and stable base without the need to reinforce the formers.

As for the rigging, I used cotton thread (I find you actually have to use cotton, not polyester). I hang it with a weight and use super glue to make the tread solid, it is then relatively easy to cut to length and apply.

Regards,

Andrew
  17. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

That is one awesome build!
    I don't know what else to say. Just awesome!
    That superstructure looks spectacular from every angle!
    I really like the picture taken between the light rays coming through the string holes of your blinds!
    That is one beautiful pic! Fantastic job, Andrew!!!

Russell
  18. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

That is one awesome build!
    I don't know what else to say. Just awesome!
    That superstructure looks spectacular from every angle!
    I really like the picture taken between the light rays coming through the string holes of your blinds!
    That is one beautiful pic! Fantastic job, Andrew!!!

Russell
  19. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

I'm afraid to tackle this monster at 1:200 scale and you actually build her at 1:400???
    This is one beautiful example of cardmodeling skill!
    Outstanding, simply outstanding!
  20. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

I'm afraid to tackle this monster at 1:200 scale and you actually build her at 1:400???
    This is one beautiful example of cardmodeling skill!
    Outstanding, simply outstanding!