1:400 GPM Hiryu

Bowdenja

Sep 26, 2005
Madison, MS
or a 1/200 scale USS Tarawa!:thumb:

Bob I have to agree with Barry.............. TOO COOL!:thumb: that flightdeck looks great with the cross beams!

john

airbob

This is the installation of the propulsion gear...very tired of cutting out those teeny little propeller blades.....that should finish it on the under-water side of this ship.....the first full hull ship that I have completedballoon6....the "Zeros" decided somehow to land on this hull:twisted: now to spend time finishing all the little gun stations for the AA and 5" guns....

Hiryu propulsion units

airbob

Zeros, Vals and Kates!!!

Here are some of the beta builds of some of the 1:400 Zeros, Vals, and Kates that I have been working on from various sources and a lot of recoloring, detailing to get the patterns mostly correct for the 1:400 IJN Hiryu that I'm currently working on. Needless to say this is tedious, tedious workwall1...I think the that Val is more the IJN green and the Kate the same with the brownish camouflage-spotted pattern...and the Zeros the light grey with the medium blue stripe...I need a rest:sleeping: to take my mind off this "teenyness"....next I think I shall build something giant that I can crawl inside of!!!:p...anyway will continue progress as I find the time! I do enjoy this stuff!!!balloon6

Attachments

• planes! 1-400.jpg
    planes! 1-400.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 25

airbob

I have not passed!....the "old fish" (Beethoven) statement)

Just to let all you know that i am still working on this IJN carrier....I had to rework the 25mm and the 5" guns to my liking....and of course the small rails should have added when the various decks were being added...and now that process was much more "mind'wracking"...but I am about finished with all these little details....I think that I'll ignore the "safety nets"...since at this scale it becomes just too small...I will post some shots this weekend when I will add the finished details...even then there are those little 1:400 Zeros, Vals and Kates!!!hamrhamrhamr

airbob

This is some of the pictures of the 90% complete IJN Hiryu at 1:400 scale...I had to fashion some of the stair rails myself...not a great job...but as good as my old shaky fingers could do...the kit was extensively redesigned....the planes were reductions of Trotskiy...try building bombs and torpedoes at 1:400 scalehamr....but I am having fun!!!:p
:wave:balloon6

Attachments

• Hiryu port 1-400.jpg
    Hiryu port 1-400.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 31
  • Hiryu starboard.jpg
    Hiryu starboard.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 28
  • Hiryu hull.jpg
    Hiryu hull.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 18
  • Hiryu port detail stern.jpg
    Hiryu port detail stern.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 21
  • Hiryu bow.jpg
    Hiryu bow.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 31

airbob

1:400 "Hiryu" Zeros, Kates and Vals!

This is pictures of some of the 1:400 scale planes that I scaled and colored to match the "Hiryu" planes of this time...I took about 1 1/2 - 2 hours to build each one...they are really tediouswall1..but it is fun!!!bounce7

Attachments

• PDR_0192.JPG
    PDR_0192.JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 112
  • PDR_0193.JPG
    PDR_0193.JPG
    125.4 KB · Views: 112
  • PDR_0194.JPG
    PDR_0194.JPG
    119.7 KB · Views: 111

a6m

Sep 7, 2006
This is pictures of some of the 1:400 scale planes that I scaled and colored to match the "Hiryu" planes of this time...I took about 1 1/2 - 2 hours to build each one...they are really tediouswall1..but it is fun!!!bounce7

If I may ask ...
the B5N and A6M are from Trotsky?
how have you re-colored them?

Thanks for the help