1/350th Scale Akira WIP.

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by MTK, May 9, 2011.

1. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

2. MTK

MTK Active Member

I understand completely and in no way meant offend. With regards to Doug. He's an awesome font of imformation. I've spoken with him via e-mail on more than one occasion and the man astounds me. I respect the hell out of him, not so much in a fan-boy way, but as an artist and someone who seeks to learn and share everything he can. He does it all. Acting, directing, art direction, design, costuming, makeup, special effects, writing... You name it and he's done it. I've always been a respector of those who do and not so much those who talk a good game, but just can't quite produce musch more than comments. I spoke to him about the NX and other ships as well about his art direction. I have intended for some time to do a tribute about his work, but there's so much, over such a long period of time that it's daunting.
  3. MTK

MTK Active Member

I'm not fluent in anything, I just plink around and do what I can. I use other software as well. Some software works better with different file types and other software works better with others, some have features that others do not and so on. If you open a .nif file in NifSkope and convert that file to an .obj and open that same file in LW, or Daz, or Poser, or Bryce, they all look differently one from the other and they all handle different operations.

Yes, the written word can get you caught up quite quickly into bag of worms and can cause hurt feelings without the intention ever having been there. A simple mis-type, or mis-read of one word can cause a war and it has been known to happen.
  4. Zathros

Zathros Guest

A wrong turn by a driver started World War I! Plinking around like that is how I learned to Program 4 and 5 axis CNC machines. This is the kind of stuff that can push someone along in a job or whatever field. It's hard to tell the age of people on this forum, I', somewhat of an old fart. I see some young people here doing fantastic work. I always hope for their own sake, and the sake of whatever country their from, they are putting their talents to good use. It's what the world always needs. :)
  5. MTK

MTK Active Member

I'm really going to have to talk to you about your machine work someday. I've done a bit of machining myself, but no longer have access to any equipment. I work with a couple of local machinists, but they are almost always backed up on projects. Everyone else wants to charge an arm and leg for the simplest operation.
  6. MTK

MTK Active Member

MF, It's all you baby. You've got the info and the meshes etc.. that you need. I've got several different textures if you want them, if not that's ok too. I'm just not going to work this model anymore. I've got enough to create and actual styrene model, so from now on this is your baby. Sorry if we misunderstood each other. Take care and Keep on Trekkin!=/\=
  7. Millenniumfalsehood

Hold on a minute, I only wanted to maybe rearrange the pieces, when I have time and according to my own preferences. I didn't mean to suggest that I should take over.
  8. MTK

MTK Active Member

You're under no obligation to do anything at all, that's not what I meant. I just figured that since you were going to be working on it and since I've got so many other things on my plate, I'd just let it go for now.

I don't currently have a valid copy of meta, other than the free version. My valid copy went the way of the albatros during my last hard drive crash. I may have to go through a couple of tutorials and see what I can do with the free version.

Sorry for the confusion.:confused:
  9. Millenniumfalsehood

That's okay, dude. No harm done.

Have you tried emailing the proprietor of Metasequoia's site and asking him to send you the activation code again? He should be willing to give you the code if you've already bought the product.
  10. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Beat me to it Millenium' :mrgreen: I was going to suggest that also MTK. Usually, if you have the same e-mail, it isn't a problem. Unless they have merged onto a new Version or have some weird rules.
  11. MTK

MTK Active Member

It was about five years ago, I don't think I have the same credit card, or even bank information, let alone a receipt. I cut up four credit cards in one year, so I have no idea.... Don't have a clue as to how I would prove it.
  12. MTK

MTK Active Member

Yeah, back on this, on the side... I was wait for someone to do something with the developement kit that I uploaded and so far it's gone no where, so I'm getting this reworked and finished.

Attached Files:

13. MTK

MTK Active Member

It appears I'll have to post the updates to my blog and provide a link until the software, or my account gets straightened out.....????:confused:
  14. F131

F131 Member

I'm having the same issuses with posting pics. I really like the looks of this one.
  15. MTK

MTK Active Member

Thanks, I just did the converting, unfolding and retexturing, someone else created the orignal mesh and textures. Wish they would get the photo thing starightened out.... Oh well, I'll just have to go in and update my blog pages.
  16. MTK

MTK Active Member

17. MTK

MTK Active Member

18. MTK

MTK Active Member

19. F131

F131 Member

She looks fantastic.
  20. MTK

MTK Active Member

Thanks. After a few complaints and after uploading the developement kit, I would have thought that someone would have beat me to the punch.