1/32 scale

C

Catt

Anybody know where I can find a conversion chart online for 1/32 scale?

billk

Jun 12, 2001
Marion, IA, USA
Catt - Does your computer have a spreadsheet (Excel, for example). It's real easy using a spreadsheet to make a conversion chart. Let me know if you need help.
Bill K

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Conversions

Catt:

The quick conversion is right on your ruler*. 1/32 scale is 3/8 inch to 1 foot. 1/32" is 1 inch; 1/16" is 2 inches.

It's also twice S scale, so you could use an S scale ruler at twice the dimensions.

*(Unless you bought a danged Canajan ruler that's marked off in killy meters.)

That's centimeters...LOL...a killy meter would be a very long ruler....lol...acually being a canadian myself I mix imperial and metric in model railroading, all my benchwork and grades are done with the imperial system, all my buildings and scratchbuilding I do in metric. 1:32 scale is acually bigger then O scale, where 3/8" equals 1 foot. 1/32" to the foot would acually be half as small as N scale, 1:320th is smaller then Z. When it comes to models like this Catt, 1:32 and 1:35 have very little difference and come in a variety of military vehicles and airplanes and some imported kits are also 1:35th. So to answer your question 3/8" = 1 foot and it works out to 1:32, twice the size of S scale

LOL, I get that way too sometimes...I think one thing and type something else. Anyone who has a problem working in any other scale should pick up an engineers or an architects triangle sided ruler...It gives you 11 different scales on each. I have one of each and I don't use any other rulers for measuring. They work great and they already have the conversions done with the sizes on them, much like a scale rule except with more flexibility. Staedtler makes all sorts of scale triangular shaped rulers

C

Catt

1:32 is the scale varient of gauge 1. Gauge 1 is like O gauge it is tinplate as compared to scale.Though gauge 1 and 1:32 both use G gauge(is there really such a thing?) track ,but as standard gauge compared to Gs narrow gauge status.

None of this actually answers my origonal quest though.I'm still looking for an online 1:32 scale conversion chart.