1/300 OLZA- Polish piece-goods ship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aniol1982

Today I present short built from my next model OLZA (author: Stanisław Burnat) publishing by WIR, series Kartonowa Flota.

As You can see I used to thick cardboard... Another problem was with frame. There were to wide. I have to used glass-paper...

Jim Krauzlis

Great! I love seeing a new ship model build thread.:grin:

She looks very good so far! Just curious, what size card did you use for the lamination on the forms? I have this model in my "to do" pile, and I believe it said use 1mm, but I'd have to dig it out to be sure.

Keep at it, mate!

Cheers!
Jim

P.S., I've seen this type of freighter referred to commonly as a "break bulk" ship; probably amounts to the same as "piece goods". Classic tramper type ship, I just love her lines!

Aniol1982

Hi!!

Today, lifts...

Jim, I think 1mm is enough, but try to use also another size. Instructions build for this model is really poor. Personally I didn't find information about cardboard size...

Break bulk ship is probably better than piece-goods ship...

Clean and sharp are the first two words that come to mind. It doesn't look like there's a lot of deck clutter, so you should be close to finished?

Amazyah

This has to be one of the cleanest builds I have ever seen!
Very neat, clean and precise!
Beautiful work!

Russell

Aniol1982

Hi, I'm very glad that my small ships enjoy You.

Now I prepare to built Russian Destroyer "NOVIK" from Modelik. But I have two problems. One and I think the main is, that I still looking job. Irish town Fermoy is really small :sad: , about five thousand inhabitants... Second problem is that my workshop is really poor. I still looking English/Irish equivalent our Polish glues: Butapren, Hermol and Minutex. I also need cut mate (OLFA will be the best for me, but another model will be acceptable). I have big request for everyone. If anyone know where I can find and buy this glues: Butapren, Hermol and Minutex (their English/Irish equivalent and their brand name) I'll be very glad. See You in my next built of course if I find job and complete my workshop.

This is our Polish glues which I try to find in Ireland:

Image(215).jpg

Image(185).jpg

Klej_minutex.JPG

cygielski

Regarding the glues, maybe one of our UK friends would chip in with brand name suggestions - Butapren is a contact (rubber) cement, while Hermol is a transparent polyurethane concoction. I have no idea what kind of glue Minutex might be.

Status
Not open for further replies.