1/250 USS Monitor 1862 build.

Put a touch of glue on the butt end of the barrel and insert it into the turret against the back wall and center in the opening.

Attachments

• DSC00389.JPG
    DSC00389.JPG
    133 KB · Views: 10
Then glue the top to the turret, make sure that the 2 gray squares are perpendicular to the front gun openings. Now you have a finished turret.

Attachments

• DSC00398.JPG
    DSC00398.JPG
    142.6 KB · Views: 12

Ron Caudillo

Creative Advisory Consultant
Staff member
Fantastic build thread of one of my all-time favorite vessels!

Thanks for sharing the photos with us, they really show the detail of the design and the skill at which you are building it! I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of your build progress.

I hope to get down to the Maritime museum in Newport News and see the Monitor exhibit. I missed going down there a few years ago when I was near DC on a project with my employer.

Best Regards,

Thanks Ron, always good to hear from you. Build will probably slow down a bit for a few day's as I was off work end of last week cause I pulled my back out. Back up and running in slow motion, and back to work, so that takes away my time during the week. Will be updating as I go along.

Ok, not starting the body of the ship yet, as I just laminated the top and bottom on more 110# card stock. Just wanted to show the deck detail that the designer did a very nice job on. Will start next with some of the other details.

Attachments

• DSC00401.JPG
    DSC00401.JPG
    129.7 KB · Views: 7

Beachead

I had built papershipwright's CSS Virginia a while back but held off on building the monitor. Yours and papers certainly use different techniques for their designs. Its cool to see yours coming together. Thanks,

Thanks, the designer did a great job on this one. Sorry for not posting as of late, my back went out. Hoping to complete the build report this weekend. My best.