1:1700 Enterprise-A

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by sidewinder81777, May 4, 2009.

1. sidewinder81777

sidewinder81777 Midnight Modeler

Just finished the 2nd model in my 1:1700 fleet. Cmags' modified rescale of Shunichi Makino's USS Enerprise-A. I didnt take any pics during the build itself as Cmags has that pretty well covered here. http://www.zealot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=165322&highlight=ncc-1701-a
    Oh and Cmags, when you see this just wanted to say I LOVE what you did with the warp nacelles! Looks much better than the original.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

came up with a fairly nice idea for a stand too but that will have to wait for tomorrow cause Im dead tired.
  2. cmags

cmags Guest

Hey, nice work there! Came out quite nice. :thumb: Glad you like the pylon/nacelle attachment modification - I designed it to make a more accurate looking model while also facilitating an easier alignment of the nacelles.

I must say, it's quite satisfying to see others benefiting from my work. It's a taste of what our oh-so-talented designers must feel when seeing others build their models. I may have to try my hand at more design. :)

Edit: I see you also added the details on the nacelle - the inset coils and raised bussard collector fairings. They came out great. I designed those after building my model so I never got them on the actual one - just in the parts sheet. Can you take any closeups? Does your camera have a macro feature (usually a flower icon). It helps to focus on close up objects. A tripod also helps but a steady hand can often do it.
  3. sidewinder81777

Thanks for helping with the cam! knew there was a way to do that but didnt remember how. Here come the closeups, now you can see all my little screwups sign1
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ask and you shall recieve!
  4. THE DC

THE DC Member

Very nice work!

The DC
  5. julescrafter

julescrafter Member

how cool! very nice build
  6. CK Styles

CK Styles Senior Member

Lookin' good buddy. Would b fun to scale this one up!
  7. sidewinder81777

My first trek model was actually a 1:1000 ent-a, has a slightly warped saucer but not too bad otherwise.Now Ive gotten to where I want all my trek stuff to the same scale so doing Im all my builds at 1:1700 (except shuttles) so when I get to stuff like the enterprise-d it wont take up the whole room
  8. cmags

cmags Guest

There's a member on here (Rawen) that scaled the 1701-A up to 1:720 I think (not exactly sure on the scale). and then made some interior sets for it, including the arboretum, shuttlebay, conference room, and a few others. He then cut out the windows in those sections so you could see in, and lighted it up with LED's. Check my 1701-A build thread - someone posted his build thread over on kartonbau and he joined the discussion.

Here's my build thread: http://www.zealot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=165322

And Rawen's over on kartonbau: http://www.kartonbau.de/wbb2/thread.php?postid=309571#post309571