1:16 Space Shuttle flight deck

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Maybe you could "borrow" a staple suture gun from work, and save some time!! :)

Tonino

Actually the more detail you have in a vector, will show up better when you down size your print!! so as a perfectionist I say " Your getting there"!! ;)

Let me know when you get ready to cut out all your toggle guards...I have an idea for you!! :)

I completely forgot this post (it was written last september) until I happened to fall over it searching for another thing...

Now I'm very curious: what was you thinking about? :)

Who knows if I'm too late to hear your idea ? (assuming you still remember what was it ...;) )

Tonino

A little update. This time it's the upper right element in the aft deck.

Panel A1U

DSC08223.JPG DSC08224.JPG

Panel A1L

DSC08226.JPG
DSC08227.JPG

Panel A1R

DSC08228.JPG
This time we have a three-layered panel. Part of the commands are covered by an additional plate that was added, I suppose, to hide part of the panel that was not more to be used.
:) I realize only now that this photo was taken with all the parts upside-down!

DSC08230.JPG
The completed panel group before assembling
DSC08231.JPG

And assembled. The low angle photo gives a better idea of the surface complexity.
I hope this feature will be well noticeable once the cabin is completed ;)

DSC08232.JPG

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
I like how clean and crisp the lines are. The panels look like they have a realistic feel to them. I am eagerly looking forward to seeing how this will turn out.

Tonino

Here I am, after a little gap, with the right aft consolle.
Lots of little panels here and the first CRT screen.

Let's start with the aft right audio panel: R10
DSC08235.JPG

And the R11U the first one with a CRT screen.
DSC08237.JPG
I printed the screen on a semi-gloss printable plastic sheet. The result is very realistic. The photo doesn't do justice to it but I assure you that, by eyes, it's very nice. It appears like it was lighted from behind.
DSC08240.JPG
And it reflects light just like a monitor.

DSC08242.JPG
Here is the R11L where I show how I used the second copy of the piece to donate all the details that have to be raised.
And here is the completed panel
DSC08243.JPG
Then a look to the R14 where I had to build another series of little boxes to create the recessed panels.
DSC08245.JPG
and the panel completed
DSC08247.JPG
This is one of the access doors placed in the lower section of the right aft wall
DSC08249.JPG

And here are all the many parts needed to build this section of the flight deck
DSC08252.JPG

And the consolle completed

DSC08256.JPG

This is all for now.

...and...

Happy Easter to all of you my dear friends, wherever you are!

McTschegsn

Well... as I see this... I am just quiet as I can... slowly packing my things together and leave the scene...
What you are showing is modeling mastery at its best Tonino... I am lacking words... Just gazing at your pics... I have plenty of things to learn...
In short: Awesome my friend... abso-fucking-lutely awesome :D oh errrrr I hope this explanation will be allowed here, in case it wont: THIS IS WORLD CLASS STUFF!!!!

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Tonino, are you able to upload, or are you using a picture hosting service( which is fine, just curious). :)

Tonino

The post above was posted yesterday in the usual way (using standard forum upload engine) with no problem... (after a first unsuccessful try).. :)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Tonino, what do you think, would a thin piece of clear plastic atop of the monitors enhance their appearance? Just an idea... :)

Tonino

I really considered this option, RF, but, eventually, I concluded that is more realistic this "not-too-gloss" appearance. If you look at LCD monitors they doesn't have a glass surface but a semi-matt finish, to minimize reflexes. I really don't know if real shuttle monitors are LCD's or CRT's... but I choose this look because I like it more. As I said the photo doesn't give the real appearance but, by eyes, it really look like a real turned-on monitor.
I'll give some glass (plastic) cover to the dials in the far right section of front panels.