1/144 Aviatik Berg d-1 build

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Texman, Aug 17, 2005.

1. bholderman

bholderman Member

Texman,

The build looks great. As much as I enjoy aircraft, they have me stymied for some reason. I coldn't imagine working at this scale.

Nice job, cant wait to see the finsih.

Cheers,
    Brad
  2. bholderman

bholderman Member

Texman,

The build looks great. As much as I enjoy aircraft, they have me stymied for some reason. I coldn't imagine working at this scale.

Nice job, cant wait to see the finsih.

Cheers,
    Brad
  3. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Building at that scale just boggles my mind...then making a Biplane...with rigging...My brain hurts...
  4. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Building at that scale just boggles my mind...then making a Biplane...with rigging...My brain hurts...
  5. lunarhighway

lunarhighway Member

starting to look like a very nice model!... hard to fathom how small it really is... even with the ruler next to it.

"great" build ;) !
  6. lunarhighway

lunarhighway Member

starting to look like a very nice model!... hard to fathom how small it really is... even with the ruler next to it.

"great" build ;) !
  7. Texman

Texman Guest

And here, the wing and tail rigging are completed. The nylon thread
    was "painted" with a silver sharpie marker. The extreme closeups
    required to get these pics show some problems, that are not visible
    to the naked eye when viewing the model in person.

Rick T, get ready for a migraine!
  8. Texman

Texman Guest

And here, the wing and tail rigging are completed. The nylon thread
    was "painted" with a silver sharpie marker. The extreme closeups
    required to get these pics show some problems, that are not visible
    to the naked eye when viewing the model in person.

Rick T, get ready for a migraine!
  9. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Great work Texman :D Where did you find nylon line at? I'm thinking about putting the rigging on my mini too.

John
  10. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Great work Texman :D Where did you find nylon line at? I'm thinking about putting the rigging on my mini too.

John
  11. Texman

Texman Guest

If memory is correct, I found it at Michael's (a hobby/crafty type store) back in the sewing thread
    area.

Ray
  12. Texman

Texman Guest

If memory is correct, I found it at Michael's (a hobby/crafty type store) back in the sewing thread
    area.

Ray
  13. Texman

Texman Guest

So, here is the finished plane. I used a U.S. 25 cent piece next to
    it to give an idea of how small this one is.
  14. Texman

Texman Guest

So, here is the finished plane. I used a U.S. 25 cent piece next to
    it to give an idea of how small this one is.
  15. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Tex,

Awesome looking plane! The A 4 looks great too. But please tell me you have no plans to build a 1/288th scale model of anything lol. I looked at this plane in the album and you dont have the quarter beside it there and you would never know that it is as small as it actually is, the detail came out great on it.
    I was joking about the 1/288th scale, but hey if you think you could do it and retain your eyesight lol, I am sure we'd love to see just how small you can go.
    But serisously, awesome looking build, the detail come out like that of a much larger scale.

have a good day,

greg aka GW
  16. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Tex,

Awesome looking plane! The A 4 looks great too. But please tell me you have no plans to build a 1/288th scale model of anything lol. I looked at this plane in the album and you dont have the quarter beside it there and you would never know that it is as small as it actually is, the detail came out great on it.
    I was joking about the 1/288th scale, but hey if you think you could do it and retain your eyesight lol, I am sure we'd love to see just how small you can go.
    But serisously, awesome looking build, the detail come out like that of a much larger scale.

have a good day,

greg aka GW
  17. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Tell you what, Tex, that is one heck of a build! :D

Really nicely done, nice details and don't worry about the problems you think show up on the close-ups because I doubt anyone can see them anyway. BTW, I like the way the instrument panel came out...how did you make those guages with the needles? :lol: Okay, I didn't see them, but I bet they are in there somewhere.... :D

Thanks for sharing this build with us and I hope you decide it's worth trying another airplane in teensie weensie scale again! :lol:

Cheers!

Jim
  18. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Tell you what, Tex, that is one heck of a build! :D

Really nicely done, nice details and don't worry about the problems you think show up on the close-ups because I doubt anyone can see them anyway. BTW, I like the way the instrument panel came out...how did you make those guages with the needles? :lol: Okay, I didn't see them, but I bet they are in there somewhere.... :D

Thanks for sharing this build with us and I hope you decide it's worth trying another airplane in teensie weensie scale again! :lol:

Cheers!

Jim
  19. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

<Rick T, get ready for a migraine!>

Bayer stocks have risen sharply... :lol: Building at 1/72 is at the ragged edge of my skills (such as they are), but at !/2 of that which means that the finished product is actually only !/4 the size of a 1/72nd scale model... and then rigging it... :shock:
  20. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

<Rick T, get ready for a migraine!>

Bayer stocks have risen sharply... :lol: Building at 1/72 is at the ragged edge of my skills (such as they are), but at !/2 of that which means that the finished product is actually only !/4 the size of a 1/72nd scale model... and then rigging it... :shock: