1:1 scale Rocketeer Helmet??

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Vortex_4200, Jun 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boba Frett

Boba Frett Member

Any news on the build ?
  2. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

Well I'm back from camp and I watched "The Rocketeer" yesterday. I think I can whip this up fairly easily. There are several points where the actor is looking directly left or forward. I can draw those sides first then extrapolate the other details after.
  3. Vortex_4200

Vortex_4200 Member

Cool!!
    Well since you wrote we can safely presume you didn't get lost in the woods! sign1
    Good to heve you back.:mrgreen:
  4. Millenniumfalsehood

Well, due to the fact that I forgot to bring bugspray, you guys *almost* lost me to the ticks and chiggers. I think I counted about 12 ticks, and I stopped counting the chigger bites when I got to 40. I don't mind ticks, because you can feel them crawling on you and you can usually remove them without incident. But chiggers are the most STUBBORN bugs I've ever had the displeasure of seeing. :curse:
  5. Vortex_4200

Vortex_4200 Member

Chiggers...ugh! don't they just BUG ya?? :cry:
  6. clif52

clif52 Banned

Hey!! Whats the news on a full-size Rocketeer or a Commando Cody/Rocketman helmet??? I'd love to try either one as a test build. Maybe fiberglass, bondo, and paint!!. It would look great sitting in my office at work.
  7. Boba Frett

Boba Frett Member

Bump for info :)
  8. Vortex_4200

Vortex_4200 Member

No news yet...
  9. clif52

clif52 Banned

Anything new on the helmet design?
  10. Millenniumfalsehood

Sorry, nothing new to report here. I had been so busy with Flarebaffled's Star Destroyer and getting things ready for the OzCon IPMS contest that I dropped the ball. I may pick it up after OzCon, when things cool down. :)
  11. clif52

clif52 Banned

Thats cool! Rocketeer's Helmet is like UHU's Hellboy Samaritan it will be worth the wait. I did some research and found a lot of photos of the actual prop if you need them. Straight front, back, top, and side. I got photos of the bottom but not straight on.
  12. cjwalas

cjwalas Member

A friend of mine has the original Rocketman/Commando Cody Helmet in his collection. If it would help, I can ask him for measurements?
    Chris
  13. Vortex_4200

Vortex_4200 Member

I know about being busy, work, work, work. :mrgreen:
    You would think wal-mart knew there are laws making slave labor wrong :rolleyes:

Oh well.... I also am in the process of building a gundam model right now and then I think I will try my hand at the paper star ship enterprise again... hopfully with better results than last time. :cry:
  14. clif52

clif52 Banned

I'm not old enough to have seen the Rocketman/Commando Cody serials when they came out at the movies, but saw them on TV as kid. I've managed to buy one of them on DVD "Radar Men From the Moon" and I'm looking on Amazon for the other two. The space ships and the Moon Tank were pretty COOL too. Rocketeer was originally a graphic novel but thought it made a great movie. I like the old 30s 40s style movies and the old serials. Both helmets would make a real conversation piece display.
  15. Vortex_4200

Vortex_4200 Member

I agree, I liked the graphic novel and the movie was great... very authentic concepts for it, never thought about having the helmet for a conversation piece, just thought it would be really cool to have something like that to display :mrgreen:
  16. Millenniumfalsehood

I'd very much appreciate it! I'll PM you my email address! :thumb:
  17. Millenniumfalsehood

Email received! Great pics, I'll get started on both versions right away! :thumb:
  18. B-Manic

B-Manic Peripheral Visionary

Don't know if this helps . . . I have the first 5 episodes/issues of the comic book around here somewhere. Bought them as an investment when the first rumors about the movie started. I have not looked at them since.

Attached Files:

19. Vortex_4200

Vortex_4200 Member

Those are some nice pic's of the helmet, it is so cool looking, makes a person want to figure out how to build a REAL working rocket pack :mrgreen:
  20. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Wow......... those are great pics........... but does anybody else think it looks like the water creature from Hellboy the movie?

john
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.