1:1 Cylon Project Part II.

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by MTK, Jun 19, 2011.

1. MTK

MTK Active Member

Recent fiberglass, bondo and electronics...

As above..... Check it out.

http://mtkcardcraft.blogspot.com/2011/06/11-cylon-helmet.html

Just page down and enjoy. As you can see, the model is evolving before your very eyes.....:mrgreen: Please check out SJS's link to cracking Birday sound cards in the TOS Cylon thread.:thumb:
  2. Zathros

Zathros Guest

I see it coming alive too! I can't remember if the Cylon Robots sympathetic had the red splash (streak?) mark extend up to their face, it would be a cool option in a full figured Cylon model. Looking real good.
  3. MTK

MTK Active Member

A full figured Cylon model...? You mean like Six?:mrgreen:
  4. marciu11

marciu11 Member

Wow! Wow!! Wow!!!
  5. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Boomer would be fine, and my wife's name is Sharon, so , well, I won't go there! Actually, all the female Cylons were assembled adequately.:twisted:
  6. ninja_doc

ninja_doc Member

Very nice work
  7. MTK

MTK Active Member

Thank you for your input gentlemen, I'm working on it again today, before we all go out again for the holiday. Updates soon. I'm working on finishing a couple other models up as well. I think when I get things caught up I'm going to step away for awhile.
  8. Zathros

Zathros Guest

I can understand that. I have stepped away from building anything for quite a while but the itch is coming back. The helmet is looking just great!
  9. MTK

MTK Active Member

Well, I want to reorganize my entire way of putting these models out. I've been given some very informative instructions and want to make sure that the models are 100% done, before I put them out and I want them to look as slick and professional as possible. Add to that the fact that I have other things I need to put my attention to..... At any rate, I'm going wrap up a few things then regroup.
  10. MTK

MTK Active Member

11. Revell-Fan

Revell-Fan Co-Administrator Administrator

Holy Frak! That is so awesome! I hope anyone will do a 1:1 Razor Centurian soon, too......
  12. MTK

MTK Active Member

Well..... It's not awesome until it's done, but thanks for the sentiments. It would be much farther along if not for the heat and humidity... That and RL.
  13. MTK

MTK Active Member

Got a little done the last couple of days, despite the heat.... Posted here, even before my own blog. :) The last photo is the goal I'm shooting for.:mrgreen::thumb::cool:

Attached Files:

14. MTK

MTK Active Member

Thank you Colony Dude, I really appreciate it, you know... I work hard to try and bring new models to the community. I may not be perfect, but I try. At least I don't sit around and try and talk smack about other peoples models. I always try to be upbeat and think about the positive aspects of any model and give good advice, or comments to the creator. I never try to smash someones efforts, for any reason, so I really appreciate your comments and the fact that you did your best to bring my thread to the top of the heap, just because you appreciated my work. That means a lot to me. Thank you and thanks again. BTW, I have new updates and just can't wait to show you, since you are such a nice, friendly man. I can't wait to show you. Unfortunately, I do have to weed through them and only show the best. I cannot wait to see your work. Take care and Keep on Trekkin!
  15. mayagaarda

mayagaarda New Member

May I interrupt the master at work and say this is the most awesome project I've seen so far? Some time ago I stumbled across the internet with the original series helmet and thought "wow, someone should really make the new cylon helmet as well", and here it is! I'm glad I found this forum, *claps hands* Can't wait to see if finished! Congratulations!
  16. Revell-Fan

Hi, MTK! I noticed the differences between the original model and the model you are working on. It seems that the first model was based on the Cylon Centurion shown in seasons 1 - 3. In season 4 they changed the look of the Raiders and the Centurions and added more detail (i. e. the rotating chest part).
  17. MTK

MTK Active Member

Thank you both for your input. This model has proceeded forward, sorry for the delay in reply and updates, there just happens to be a lot going on in the modeling part of my life as well as RL life issues. There is definately more coming. RF, I've went through thousands of screenies and references, it seems to me that there are at least four different versions of this model. I've got feelers out to some of the insiders to get the low down and the best refs available.
  18. MTK

MTK Active Member

Thank you, thank you... Don't applaud, just throw money, thank you....:thumb:

New updates.... http://mtkcardcraft.blogspot.com/2011/06/11-cylon-helmet.html

I had to dump photos, so I had to update several threads, update FB and update the blog. This is pretty much where I left off with the last update, the project has proceeded beyond this point, but I want to show consistancey. Here, I was shaping the contours, sculpting the shape for the cheeks and filling in some of the gaps. Much more to come.:mrgreen:
  19. Revell-Fan

Reminds me of the Colonial Blaster. There are dozens of different models out there, even the screen-used props differ from each other.
  20. MTK

MTK Active Member

Right. I just got back to work on this the other day. The heatwave had finally passed here, for the moment.... Maybe I can get some more done.:mrgreen: