Fokker E.III (Ernst Udet) / 1:144 / scratchbuild

bigpetr

Designer/Master Modeler
Jan 27, 2016
Czech Republic
Hello friends here I present to you my Fokker E.III build to be used as play model in table game Wings of Glory. It is my own design.
This is what I am after:
a01087c.jpg

Design stages:
3d modelng:
_.jpg

Test build:
IMG_9804s.jpg
Test build showed few weak places and proove the concept of making motor cowl from one peace with use of waterforming to be right way. Initialy I thought I would have to repaint the cowl after waterforming, but it was not necessary after all.

Textured 2d template:
Fokker E.III - Udet.jpg

Final build:
I decided to incorporate rigging, because it is so visualy important part of the plane, although I do not know if it survives the play, but hopefuly yes :) The wooden peg underside is for attaching to play base.
IMG_9918s.jpgIMG_9921s.jpgIMG_9922s.jpg

:bowdown:this is a great model you did I fine job on this one. Are you sure you didn't use a shrinking gun!!!

Great work, both in design, graphics and construction. I agree with these little things, the rigging adds a since of realism.

There's one of these at the "Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome" in Red Hook, New York,. They actually still fly it. It's probably a remake, but it is authentic to the era. :)

p.s. Nice modeling there! :)

Reactions: Awry_Chaos
WOW! Great job, mate! I love the texture. It gives a life-like appearance to the model. Very well done! :)