Age old debate with a twist....

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
Jun 24, 2014
Johannesburg, South Africa
Of course I refer to the debate of which is better; Star Wars or Star Trek. I've built a few models from both series, and the twist is; which franchise's vessels make the better models?

(in the interests of keeping the debate unbiased try not to pick one designer over another? :))

"Star Trek" produces "smoother" vessels with elegant curves. "Star Wars" models have a "used" look which is good for "untidy" assembly: If you screw something up or if a part gets dirty by accident (stains, glue etc.) you can diguise it as "battle damage" and weathering effect (the dirtier the better)! :)

Good point :) I would omit TOS as the special effects tech available at the time limited what could be done. (as opposed to Star Wars were the original trilogy still looks great :)) Also the look of TOS doesn't quite gel with the others. (never liked the warp nacelles in TOS)

LOL, RD, you just gaveyour age away! I was a kid for TMP era :) Loved the "evolution" of the ships from the blocky 60's-80's look then the sleek & curvy Ent D then the "post-modern"Sovereign & Intrepid classes :)